Good visuals can go a long way when you are building your online profile on your personal blog or a public speaker platform such as Atlafy.
Here’s how to put your best face forward:
1. Upload a great profile photo
- Use a recent photo that is reflective of your current self.
- The photo should have a non distracting background.
- Think about your facial expression. You want to appear confident and approachable.
- Ensure that your face is well lit, in focus, and takes up at least 60% of the photo.
- You do not need a professionally shot photo, but avoid taking a selfie.
2. Include photos in your blog posts
- Posts with photos get higher click throughs.
- Share photos of yourself in action that highlight the scale of your audience or type of events that you speak at.
3. Upload a showreel
- Create a 60 to 90 second video montage that shows you speaking on stage at events.
- Include positive audience reactions, testimonials from satisfied clients, or some straight to camera footage of yourself addressing your clients.
4. Share your work
- Upload snippets of your latest presentations and conference handouts.
- Stream your presentations using tools such as Keynote Live or Slidebean Live Mode so that your followers can watch you in real time on their mobile devices.